We cannot stress enough the importance of making a Will and it is not something that should not be put off. If you die without making a Will then your assets will be distributed according to the law, as opposed to your wishes (Intestacy Rules). This can lead to conflict between family and friends that you leave behind.
We provide a discreet Will writing service that includes:
- Making sure you keep control of your affairs so that you decide how your assets are shared
- Ensuring you keep track of your Inheritance Tax exposure
- Ensuring for those who are not married (or in a civil partnership) that your partner is provided for
- Discussing with you your wishes and a strategy to achieve this
- Producing a list of all your assets and liabilities and then discussing with you whom you want to receive what
- Discussing potential Inheritance Tax liabilities and ways of minimising the tax payable
Once we have a clear idea of your wishes, we will then draft up your Will accordingly and we can review and update as your circumstances change in the future. For extremely complex cases we may seek legal advice from solicitors to assist with this.
If you want the peace of mind that a Will can create for you, contact us for a confidential chat.